Tuesday 11 November 2008

Evaluation

Conclusion
Thriller films use a variety of codes and conventions. I have analyzed five different openings to thriller films and it is evident that they all use many of the same codes and conventions to grip the audience to the film straight away. All five of the thrillers I analyzed used music in the opening to create suspense and tension. This makes it clear to see that when making a thriller the first thing that you need to think about is your choice of music must create a suspenseful opening but what is important is that this collaborates with the camera shots, mese en sene and the editing.
It is also evident that to create a great opening to a thriller you need to introduce your main character early. All the openings I analyzed introduced their main character at one point in the opening scene. Introducing your main character with suspenseful music creates suspense for the audience when they see the character. It is giving the audience a sign that this character is a lead character and the director does this so the audience knows what character to pay close attention too.
Introducing my main character in my opening of a thriller and choosing what my suspenseful music is going to be is going to play a huge role in how good my opening is going to be and if I get this right I will certainly be on my way to making a go thriller opening

No comments:

Post a Comment